My blog for personal poetry and photographs!

http://artistroad.blogspot.com/

And follow me on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/thunderroad79







“The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with.”
- Bruce Springsteen -

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

#106 Light of Day by Bruce Springsteen


"Things can't get any worse, they got to get better"


Any day now. I'll be done with school. I'll have paid off my debt. I'll lose weight. I'll have time to be with and do what I really want to do. Just about there. Almost. Living in a perpetual state of what is around the bend. Is it hope? Is it denial? Is it blind faith?  Yes and yes and yes...I've been going to school since 2005 off and on - mostly on. I have my Bachelors and I am in my second graduate program. I have pursued psychology, occupational therapy, and this December I will have my Masters in Accounting. Yep - just around the corner. I can taste it. I will be done with school finally and forever. And I still just want to be a writer...that's just around the corner too.

I saw Bruce and the band two nights ago in Albany. Bruce never fails to inspire me to get back to what I want in life. There's my practical life and my "light of day life". Maybe something will come from this writing pursuit or maybe it will be only my small way of staying in touch with my creative side...god knows I can't be a "creative accountant" (that's a major nerd accounting joke for all you regular people) or maybe it always be just around the corner...whatever IT may be...

#springsteen


No comments:

Post a Comment