My blog for personal poetry and photographs!

http://artistroad.blogspot.com/

And follow me on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/thunderroad79







“The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with.”
- Bruce Springsteen -

Thursday, October 10, 2013

#104 Land of Hope and Dreams by Bruce Springsteen


“Big wheels roll through fields 
Where sunlight streams
Meet me in a land of hope and dreams”


My recent interest in trains has grown from my son’s own fascination with the “choo choos”.  People are interested in many things that I have a hard time understanding – knitting, golf, coin collections, but with trains, I think I get it. Trains are time. Trains are lives lived. Trains are history.  Trains transcend the moment.  Trains open up the world by allowing people and things to change their moment in time – to go from one place to another. A train ride is a promise. A train ride is the future.

None of us truly know, though we may think we do, what this life is all about and where we are going, individually and collectively. We just know we are on a ride, and most of us would not give up this ride no matter how bumpy and shaky it gets. Yet, one thing is for certain, this ride will come to complete stop. What lies beyond is beyond me…if it’s nothing then it’s nothing for everyone and I won’t know any different…if it’s something then I hope it’s something beautiful I get to share with those I love. This train, my train is on its way somewhere, carrying every part of me that ever was – my sins, my shame, my achievements, my pride, my joys, my worries, my fears, my regrets, my heartaches, my uncertainties, my love, my life….and I can only hope it is going to the sun-filled fields where my hopes and dreams have journeyed somewhere alongside me.


No comments:

Post a Comment