My blog for personal poetry and photographs!

http://artistroad.blogspot.com/

And follow me on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/thunderroad79







“The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with.”
- Bruce Springsteen -

Thursday, February 25, 2010

#86 I’m A Rocker by Bruce Springsteen

“True love is broken
and your tears are fallin' faster
You're sufferin' from a pain in your heart
or some other natural disaster”


The “Rocker”, the superhero of love. He promises that where all others fail, he delivers. He’s got what it takes and more. And he says again and again: “I’m a Rocker”. A what? Wait, what is that supposed to mean? He’s a rocker? He’s a Rock N’ Roller? As in Sex, Drugs, & ???
That wouldn’t inspire confidence in me to trust in this “I can do it all and better than anyone can” man.

But he keeps saying it: I’m a rocker…I’m a rocker…I’m a rocker….I’m a rocker…

…and like a newborn baby we are rocked in the cradle of security - in the arms of a promise made over and over again without hesitation. He’s consoling; he’s promising to hold on and never let go. He is persistent and unconditional in his devotion. When a heart is broken, one of life’s many “natural disasters”, it may not know where to turn. It finds it hard to trust again. Like a mother holding her child on the front porch swing in the midst of a sudden windstorm, he is promising a strong, secure place to hide and a soft place to let an uncertain heart fall.

For Complete Lyrics Visit: http://www.brucespringsteen.net/songs/ImARocker.html

No comments:

Post a Comment